- The dentist examines the patient’s oral cavity, after which an impression is taken of the gums to identify every ridge and crevice to ensure the best fit of the denture possible.
- From the impression a cast is prepared to act as a replica of the oral cavity, on which a wax model is prepared.
- From the wax model a final denture is made, which is tried in the patient’s mouth and adjusted as per patient’s comfort.
CARE OF DENTURES:
Dentures require proper care. For good denture care the following steps should be followed:
- Removal and rinsing of dentures after eating
- Careful handling of the dentures
- Soaking the dentures overnight
- Regular dental checkups with the dentist